Roland's Hybrid Experience

Phil O'Keefe

I saw this in the HC News today and thought some of you might be interested. Looks like Roland is going to be demoing their new Hybrid drum triggers at various retailers across the country. I see that Nashville is on the list… maybe Dendy can check that one out (schedule permitting of course…) and tell us all about them? :snax: It would be cool if others were able to make it to one of the demos and could report back too. :cool2:

www.harmonycentral.com/news/roland-hybrid-experience-summer-2016

rolandhybridexperience2016-66995c44.jpg

So, what does everyone think? Is it better to have a dedicated electronic kit, or would you rather have the ability to trigger from your acoustic kit? In terms of that, it will be interesting to see if these new products from Roland offer anything new in terms of features and capabilities. :snax:

• Members

Hi Phil,

I have a full set of rt-30 triggers along with some Roland ecymbals. I like using a full kit. For one it allows me to switch back and forth a to e (time consuming but easier than digging my a kit out of a closet). From a muscle memory point of view it is better to practice with a real kit sizes. It also looks better although that is not the major decision making factor. Triggering is very good both with Roland td-30 and atv ad5 module. Right now I use drum tec real feel heads as Roland power plys are not available in US but I don't think I would necessarily switch even they become available here.

Archived