Drummer Association

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

We all have a favorites for certain, but there are drummers who have signature songs that you may associate with - for example, Jeff Pocaro (while greatly known for his work with Toto) to me is most associated with the Lido Shuffle.

[video=youtube;HQZBaJAngH8]

Who are drummers you know and the song you most associate them with?

D

• Members

Yeah 50 ways and Aja. Most drumming, if they do the job, I don't even notice. I'm on the look(hear)out for stuff that has more complexity than pop but also more musicality than your run of the mill prog or fusion. Needless to say there's not much of that either. Not with bass drums guitar and keys anyway.

• Members

I heard the Scaggs album was done nearly on the spot. Interesting; Jeffy suffered an untimely fate. The powers that be seem to even out regardless of player or contribution. It's all disposable on the economic battlefield.

Phil Collins I always liked and when he started singing his own tunes that put him in a league by himself. Born star.

Steve Smith must be a cool dude or made. Keeps improving at drums. I like the Vital Information stuff. Journey, to me coulda been any drummer in the genre.

• Members

I agree about Journey songs could've been played by anyone. But I think Steve Smith's Drumming helped get them noticed and airplay. They had some with Steve Perry's vocal's and Ansley Dunbar's Drumming on "Infinity" but Smith's drumming with Journey was constantly well done and helped establish the following that Journey has.

• Members

Here's one: Roger Taylor of Queen! First I thought of Bohemian Rhapsody and then Another One Bites the Dust, but in the end, I think the one Queen song that ONLY Roger could play with the same feeling and emphasis is "We Will Rock You" NO ONE else can seem to play this anywhere the way Roger does!

• Members

Even at Live Aid where bands and sets were set up and taken down all day long, Roger Nailed it and here in the States we grew with We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions as part of a "Conjoined" song! I learned later on that this was not the case in other countries. ;-)

• Members

Another one is Stewart Copeland of The Police and "Spirits in the Material World" I can play this song and in time, but no WHERE Near like this with the feel and accents! A reggae rock song??? and the octo toms and hitting the perfect cymbal bell hit while going 90 Miles an Hour!?? Give it up, This song is all Stewart!

Archived