I lost a bet and all I got was this lousy video.

FitchFY

• Members

I mentioned having lost a bet to a good friend a little while ago. The pay-off was that I had to do a drum cover of one of his band's songs. I went left field and picked a song that had no drums on it, and here's the result! Brookfield's "Live at the Shed" done quite unnecessarily by me.

• Members
Can you say gratuitous? :) Channeling Bonzo perhaps? Hey that's a good band name premise. Channeling whoever TF. What was the bet again?

Haha! "Gratuitous" was absolutely the goal on this one. My friend A.) asked for as much china cymbal use as possible and B.) said "try to impress Mike Portnoy." So it was a total "swing for the fences" exercise -- nothing in there about playing for the song or matching style; just having some fun.

The bet was with a good friend who also happens to be a great guitarist. We've both had rock bands we worked hard in our 20s (Griffon and Brookfield, respectively), and both decided we needed to lose 10 pounds. A gentleman's wager was made that whoever lost the 10 pounds slower than the other would have to make a video covering one of the other's band's songs.

Carm and I had a similar football bet years ago that resulted in him posting a video doing a drum cover of Griffon's "House of Cards." Good times! I love wagering with musical support.

Thanks for checking it out, guys!

Archived