My Practice Kit: Roland TD4K Demo

twosticks

• Members

I'm really a guitar play, but years ago after being kind of unsatisfied with drum machines, I bought a set of acoustic drums. Last year I bought a electronic kit and I really dig it, for what it is. I set off to buy a Roland one that was in the 1000 dollar range, but after comparing the Yamaha kit to the Roland, I felt the Yamaha kit has a bit nicer sampled acoustic drums in the module. Why should Yamaha not have a nice acoustic digital sampled kit, they make real drums, and if they can't sample there own maple and birch kits, who can?

Anyway I am very happy with my kit. Great for practice and keeping the wife and pets happy too. No micing up a real set of drums, no worry about the the sound of room.

They will take a bit to get used to, but they really have come a long way in the past 15-20 years.

I have mine in this plastic Sterlite storage Footlocker tote thing when I store then for longer periods of time.

YA%20DTX532K.jpg

Highly recommended for practice or recording.

I did need to supply my own foot pedal for the kick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Mikeo: thanks for the info: I like the Yamaha E-drums and my acoustics are Yamaha Stage Customs. After 30 plus years playing drums, I was brand new to E-drums and all my closest dealers were Roland and I knew Rolands were reliable from all that I heard. I think Roland and Yamaha are the top two serious choices and then is a a few others close behind. Best thing I ever did was get a Simmons E-kit drum amp. It really makes the set sound as good as it did in the store.

Archived