Drum Shortcuts

1001gear

• Members

Dendy just posted this bit:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...w#post31660039

It's a quickie clip that tops your cymbals instead of that dumb OEM wing nut. Looks quite useful.

I do something slightly different but started a separate thread so I don't trample the other presentation. Simply put I chuck the wingnut and top marshmallow and use aquarium hose to anchor the bottom washer. Trim the hose to leave a tiny bit of thread at the top, pop the bottom felt on, place the cymbal on as you always do and then take a hex nut and screw on to the last bit on top. This doesn't do anything except secure the hose. The tilters on my stands are mostly 12mm and the nuts need to be rounded so the cymbals pop on and off but other than that, fini.

I'm not a basher so it works for me but frankly unless you use extreme tilt, you'd have to go out of your way to bounce a cymbal off the stand.

Next.

• Members

for what its worth, im heavy handed at times and have never launched an intact cymbal off a stand. i do not use wingnuts, snappies, etc... i do set up with my pies flat. 1001, you can do away with your nuts if you go a step down in size on the silicone tubing... friction will hold it just fine once you get the fit...

Archived