Aerodrums

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

That was actually pretty cool

Case scenario: It's late Saturday and you just finished up a great gig.

Fan: Damn you guys were hot tonight. Me and my gal had a great time, when will you be back in town?

Drummer: We'll be playing back here next month, so check out facebook page.

Fan: Sweet man, nice chatting with ya, we'll keep in touch, old old lady wants to split, if ya know what I mean.

Drummer: Cool bro, take care.

Bass Player: Damn this Ampeg doesn't get any light at the end of the night.

Singer: Any of you guys want a hand bring stuff out to the car?

Drummer: No man, I cool, I got it all under control. See ya guys at rehearsal on Wed.

:D

71Dli5OWu%2BL._SL1000_.jpg

Drummer: We have a 45 minute ride home, I need to get some sleep if we are hitting the beach tomorrow.

*** Gets in Google Car******

home-where.jpg

• Members

Um, I had a friend show up for a wedding gig last summer and it was 105 out and they were playing in a no shade setting. Instead of setting up his drums, he wired in an iPad and played a virtual set of drums for the entire gig.

Actually went over really well, and he hardly broke a sweat!

D

• Members

We had something similar to this 30 years ago on the Amiga Computer. That system tracked your hand movements with a camera and you could play a few different instruments such as Jamaican steel drums, drumset, bongos , congos etc. You had to AIM for the targets on the screen, but back then 26" TVs could be used as monitors. I can see a problem here trying to FIND the targets with the sticks, because the circles (drums) are so small .

Dan

Archived