typing

pconn171

• Members

Actually, he brings up a good point. There are way too many "Creed's drummer sucks!" threads here. If he's so bad, then convince the other members of Creed of this, and offer to take the spot. Or kill him off (making it look like an accident, maybe a drug OD or something) and then try out for the auditions that they have to replace him?

Oh wait, you wouldn't want to take the spot cause you don't like Creed's music? Well then why are you critiquing just the drummer?

I dunno, I was thinking about it a couple weeks ago, I'd take any drumming position with a major star if it was open. Hell, if I got paid enough I'd play drums for Celine Dion. It's all music, it's just who you'd rather play with.

• Members

I don't see Scott Phillips dying of an OD. Those guys don't even drink. Anyone catch their behind the music where they said at their low point they were taking 2 shots of jagermeister before going on. Low point my ass. Give me the Motley Crue and Ozzy behind the music ANY day, now that's excess i can enjoy watching!

• Members

Originally posted by Chabo

Actually, he brings up a good point. There are way too many "Creed's drummer sucks!" threads here. If he's so bad, then convince the other members of Creed of this, and offer to take the spot. Or kill him off (making it look like an accident, maybe a drug OD or something) and then try out for the auditions that they have to replace him?

Oh wait, you wouldn't want to take the spot cause you don't like Creed's music? Well then why are you critiquing just the drummer?

I dunno, I was thinking about it a couple weeks ago, I'd take any drumming position with a major star if it was open. Hell, if I got paid enough I'd play drums for Celine Dion. It's all music, it's just who you'd rather play with.

Well, Scot Philips' drums DO fit the music really fine. Musically it's really a fine drummer. But techniqally I haven't heard any special drumming from him.

But he did get that reward "best future rock drummer", that's just bull{censored}. Then I'd chose Travis Barker (Blink182) or Todd Hennig (Death by Stereo) or Mike Chiplin (Lost Prophets). Those just fit the music perfect to, but are technically special for their genre.

Those reward stuff happened to Metallica's Lars Ulrich to. It's more about how well known your band is than how good u are as drummer, that just sux. It's the rewards that suck man, not Scot :)

Archived