What gets you there...

TimeKeeper310

• Members

OK...today, I actually realized, I have been playing the same C.D. in my van, when I am making that trip to the club for the gig....it is a collection of songs, that, for sum reason, I just really get lost in..dunno, prolly a personal thing..

this C.D. contains 5 songs....ONLY 5 songs....it was a C.D. that I burned, so that I could hear these particular songs, just prior to mounting my throne...for lack of a better choice of words, they seem to put me in my 'zone'....and if I pull into the parking lot of the club...I continue listening, until I've heard all 5 tunes....crazy, ain't it?....

so, not to be misconstrued, with the 'now listening to' thread....are there any particular songs, that you might listen to, that has this same affect on you?....

...here are mine...THE 5 songs, on my disc....psyching me for gigs, almost 2 years now...:thu:

1. Thin Lizzy - Warrior

2. Thin Lizzy - Johnny(not, ..the fox)

3. Deep Purple - Highway Star

4. Ted Nugent - Death By Misadventure

5. Y & T - Black Tiger...

so, go ahead..share...even if it's only one song..or 2, that get you motivated prior to a performance..:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by TimeKeeper310

OK...today, I actually realized, I have been playing the same C.D. in my van, when I am making that trip to the club for the gig....it is a collection of songs, that, for sum reason, I just really get lost in..dunno, prolly a personal thing..

this C.D. contains 5 songs....ONLY 5 songs....it was a C.D. that I burned, so that I could hear these particular songs, just prior to mounting my throne...for lack of a better choice of words, they seem to put me in my 'zone'....and if I pull into the parking lot of the club...I continue listening, until I've heard all 5 tunes....crazy, ain't it?....

so, not to be misconstrued, with the 'now listening to' thread....are there any particular songs, that you might listen to, that has this same affect on you?....

...here are mine...THE 5 songs, on my disc....psyching me for gigs, almost 2 years now...
:thu:

1. Thin Lizzy - Warrior

2. Thin Lizzy - Johnny(not, ..the fox)

3. Deep Purple - Highway Star

4. Ted Nugent - Death By Misadventure

5. Y & T - Black Tiger...

so, go ahead..share...even if it's only one song..or 2, that get you motivated prior to a performance..
:wave:

I thought others would answer this post and I would get to read some of the others "What gets you there" replies but nobody has responded so I'll have to come back to it again.

But, I thought I would just let you know that this thread is way to sexy for me not to respond. Since I don't have a kit right now, I can't say, but something about you "Mounting your Throne" did it for me!

And before all of you send me something saying it wasn't meant to be sexy (and you don't see it that way), I can't help it - it's that female thing!:love:

And I don't think it matters what you're listening to, if it's music that you like to listen to, it will get you pumped for anything!!! How about in the morning when you're headed into work... How many of you put your car stereo's in "MORNING MODE" and then get in the car for lunch or to go home and you about blast yourself out of the car???;)

• Members

for some reason, before I gig, I like to listen to Glenn Kotche, and the new Terry Bozzio CD chamberworks. I don't know, I don't like to listen to music I'm playing, I like to get my mind off of what music I play, because, if I listen to Phish or something before a gig (my band is kinda jam band-ish), I tend to subconsiously imitate that music, and I want to play from a fresh prospective, not someone elses. Its like, I trick my brain into classical music mode, and jump into a rock/ blues set, thats just me. Its that sense of 2 polar extremes, to come together in the middle to make just plain old good music. I try to influence myself in a certain way almost. Sorry for rambling, this probobly makes no sense. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by sherman22

for some reason, before I gig, I like to listen to Glenn Kotche, and the new Terry Bozzio CD chamberworks. I don't know, I don't like to listen to music I'm playing, I like to get my mind off of what music I play, because, if I listen to Phish or something before a gig (my band is kinda jam band-ish), I tend to subconsiously imitate that music, and I want to play from a fresh prospective, not someone elses. Its like, I trick my brain into classical music mode, and jump into a rock/ blues set, thats just me. Its that sense of 2 polar extremes, to come together in the middle to make just plain old good music. I try to influence myself in a certain way almost. Sorry for rambling, this probobly makes no sense.

Oh,Contraire....made sense to me.....could be a similar, underlying reason, I'm listening to those, on my C.D. I'd most likely feel like you do...'not' wanting to listen to a copy of our set-list, on the way to a gig....:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jacarual

I thought others would answer this post and I would get to read some of the others "What gets you there" replies but nobody has responded so I'll have to come back to it again.

But, I thought I would just let you know that this thread is way to sexy for me not to respond. Since I don't have a kit right now, I can't say, but something about you "Mounting your Throne" did it for me!

And before all of you send me something saying it wasn't meant to be sexy (and you don't see it that way), I can't help it - it's that female thing!
:love:

And I don't think it matters what you're listening to, if it's music that you like to listen to, it will get you pumped for anything!!! How about in the morning when you're headed into work... How many of you put your car stereo's in "MORNING MODE" and then get in the car for lunch or to go home and you about blast yourself out of the car???
;)

Okok....I shall clarify this....'mounting my throne', can quite possibly be considered 'sexy', or 'sexual'.....when you consider, that I mount my throne from neither 'left' side, or 'right'....i prefer to mount from behind, sweeping one leg at a time, in a radial movement, to it's proper spot on the throne, remembering, to use both hands, extended behind you, near waste level, against the wall...with each leg in proper positions the posterior end is then lowered onto the throne, in a forward 'swooping' motion(often compared to a thrusting motion).....

thus being said....I DO apologize if it caused arousal :thu:

.....'SOME' of the above facts, may be found, in the upcoming, "MOUNTING YOUR THRONE " bible :thu:

in closing, I'd like to add....never, EVER......underestimate the sexuality of a drummer, as he is mounting his throne. :cool::wave:

• Members

Okok....I shall clarify this....'mounting my throne', can quite possibly be considered 'sexy', or 'sexual'.....when you consider, that I mount my throne from neither 'left' side, or 'right'....i prefer to mount from behind, sweeping one leg at a time, in a radial movement, to it's proper spot on the throne, remembering, to use both hands, extended behind you, near waste level, against the wall...with each leg in proper positions the posterior end is then lowered onto the throne, in a forward 'swooping' motion(often compared to a thrusting motion).....

thus being said....I DO apologize if it caused arousal

.....'SOME' of the above facts, may be found, in the upcoming, "MOUNTING YOUR THRONE " bible

in closing, I'd like to add....never, EVER......underestimate the sexuality of a drummer, as he is mounting his throne.
:cool::wave:

damn, if no one is going to give you props for that well thought out answer, I guess I have to, well done my friend!! If i were a chick I'd want to do you...I think?

• Members

Ok, so I'll clarify as well...

I didn't need the explanation, as women always read more into things than men do. I knew exactly what he meant and didn't necessarily need the step by step like Watchdog (but WOW - that was awesome). Sounded pretty damn good huh Watchdog??? I for one person on this forum would like to see more men like this on here!:D

And TK, no need to apologize, I'll just go get me a towel!:love:

• Members

Originally posted by jacarual

Ok, so I'll clarify as well...

I didn't need the explanation, as women always read more into things than men do. I knew exactly what he meant and didn't necessarily need the step by step like Watchdog (but WOW - that was awesome). Sounded pretty damn good huh Watchdog??? I for one person on this forum would like to see more men like this on here!
:D

And TK, no need to apologize, I'll just go get me a towel!
:love:

Ok..Ms. Jacarual....I've just spent several minutes on phones, with the other band members.....we have decided, to shoot video footage, of my next mounting! :cool:

• Members

Ok..Ms. Jacarual....I've just spent several minutes on phones, with the other band members.....we have decided, to shoot video footage, of my next mounting!
:cool:

And will I be getting a "FREE COPY"? I hope it'll be shot in High Def!:D

• Members

Hmm...

Metallica gets me in a punchy, technical, thrashy mood...

Tool gets me in a tribal, progressive mood...

System of a Down gets me thinking creative and random...

Dave Matthews Band kinda gets me light, quick, jazzy...

Other musics also have random synaptic responses. For example, Limp Bizkit makes me think of paradiddles.

All depends on what I feel like for the day... I'm a fan of jamming and letting songs give off different feelings if the band's in a different mood, even if it's a regular.

• Members

I'm wired the same way, man! If I listen to certain music prior to a gig, I'll get in very creative modes... here's a few possibilities.

- FAT, "Dog"

- Letdown, "Sorry I Killed You"

- Brookfield, "Do You Ever"

- Tower of Power, "What Is Hip" (live)

- Avenged Sevenfold, "Bat Country"

- Stabbing Westward, "Save Yourself"

- anything from "Dr. Feelgood" by Motley Crue

It's not about the drumming that psyches me up; it's getting the energy ready.

:cool:

• Members

I have to have music playing, any music, before the guys show up, and while they spend an hour plugging in and tuning. It just seems natural to have music in the background as you set up. Just like music plays before a concert. I tried shutting it off once and everyone stopped talking.

• Members

Depending on the gig...

For society gigs & weddings (which I don't do anymore) I used to try to listen to whatever of the material I was weakest on so I could get it into my being.

Doing originals I don't want any music going. I want my head clear so I can create from that inner source; I don't want it cluttered.

• Members

the thing that gets me into gig mode is some mother{censored}in PANTERA!!! usually Cowboys from Hell or Vulgar Display.... if im not with my dad then it's Great Southern Trendkill as the lyrics would prolly offend him and he'd take away my cd (god forbid!)... so yhea!

Archived