Used Kit: This a good deal?

TechMetalMan

• Members

Hey guys- I found a kit that looks to be a good deal and I want your input:

It's a Pearl Export series set with Zildian ZBT cymbals. All Pearl hardware including a Pearl P-100 bass pedal. The china cymbal didn't come with a stand. The set was bought in 2004 brand new for, I think if I remember right, about $1200 including cymbals. My wife says I must not want to sell it because I tell everyone what's wrong with it but I too am a drummer and I believe that shooting straight from the hip is the way to go. There really isn't anything wrong with it. It will probably need new heads because it still has the heads it came with which as you probably know aren't the best. I prefer Remo pinstripe for the top heads but that's just my preference. My son says there is a scratch on the bottom of the bass drum which I have not seen. Also the throne doesn't go up or down anymore

You will get:

1-8x10 tom

1-9x12 tom

1-12x14 tom

1-18x22 kick drum

1-6x14 snare

• Members

that sounds like a decent deal, although i would say wait just a little longer and you can find a deal with better cymbals. i've played the zbt's and found them lacking. while they would be good to learn on, their sound may get old quick. i'm still learning, but recently i've noticed myself avoiding the ride i have (zildjian scimitar) because it of it's sound.

here is an example of what else is out there on craigslist:

"Drum Workshop Pacific Series 5 piece kit. Jet Black, excellent condition. Pacific Series is DW's mid-line stuff, but way better quality than just about anything else out there. Bass Drum has new Evans e-mad head w/ rings. 5 extra Remo heads. 7 Sabian cymbals including ride, crash, thin crash, hi-hats and splashes. Pearl hi-hat stand, Yamaha snare stand, and 3 cymbal stands. Gibraltar throne (seat) and stick bag w/ various sticks and brushes. Kit was recently tuned, and sounds amazing! $900"

just an example

• Members

here's another:

"Tama Starclassic 5 piece Kit. 6 Years old. Forest Green Color. Set includes: 20in Bass. 10in and 12in Rack Toms. 14in floor tom. 14in snare. Snare stand, throne. Tama Iron Cobra Double Bass pedal, Iron Cobra hi-hat stand. Gibraltar curved rack with additional boom stand and boom arms/clamps. 13in hi hat, 14in thin crash, 16in thin crash, 18in crash/ride, 10in fast splash, 10in splash, 18in full china, 20in rock ride-All cymbals are Zildjian. Also includes muffling rings in or on all drum heads, sticks and cowbell with mount. This is a steal at $900"

{censored}, i wish i had seen that before i spent that same amount on shells and hardware.

• Members
Originally posted by tripod trilogy

that sounds like a decent deal, although i would say wait just a little longer and you can find a deal with better cymbals. i've played the zbt's and found them lacking. while they would be good to learn on, their sound may get old quick. i'm still learning, but recently i've noticed myself avoiding the ride i have (zildjian scimitar) because it of it's sound.

here is an example of what else is out there on craigslist:

"Drum Workshop Pacific Series 5 piece kit. Jet Black, excellent condition. Pacific Series is DW's mid-line stuff, but way better quality than just about anything else out there. Bass Drum has new Evans e-mad head w/ rings. 5 extra Remo heads. 7 Sabian cymbals including ride, crash, thin crash, hi-hats and splashes. Pearl hi-hat stand, Yamaha snare stand, and 3 cymbal stands. Gibraltar throne (seat) and stick bag w/ various sticks and brushes. Kit was recently tuned, and sounds amazing! $900"

just an example

Archived