Best Cymbal cleaner-???

cqc6

• Members

Hello All-

I play Sabian cymbals and let me say they get finger printed easy! It almost gets burned into the metal. They look like crap quick. I have AA's AAX's and HH's all brilliant finished. What cleaner should I be using? I do care about the Logo's either. Who cares if they get removed- I just want these cleaned. Any help appreciated. Thanks!!!

• Members

Groove juice will ruin some finishes but it works like magic.

All those cream cleaners actually work but require divine patience; "small area at a time" means something like 6 square inches. Start with bell; work in spiral to the outer edge. Repeat process until satisfied.

You can also have your cymbals electro dipped at a metal place.

Once you do get 'em clean, handle them with gloves (actual gloves) thereafter.

• Members

I hate seeing my fingerprints under the cymbals as I walk passed my kit. I tried some spray made for Ziljans, but its really messy and seems to tarnish faster after I use it. ( I guess that's what's happening) All A customs for me, I love the shiny cymbal look

• Members

Sabian cymbal cleaner works well for fingerprints and usually doesn't eat logos. Not sure what the directions say on the bottle, but I just spray the whole cymbal, wait 30 seconds, then use one clean cotton cloth to scrub it and then use a different clean cotton cloth to buff it and make em all nice and shiny.

• Members

BarKeeper's Friend. $2 at WalMart.

A very fine powder cleaner. Use some hot water with it. Need to wipe it while rinsing to get it all off. Then I use a real hot water rinse. Dry IMMEDIATELY with a dry cloth. In winter I even lean the cymbal over a heater duct to get it dry fast.

It WILL remove logos. It WILL leave fine scratches if you polish across the grooves.

As long as you get the cymbals dry fast, it does not discolor them.

boomerweps

• Members

In my opinion...what do you care about fingerprints, they are only aesthetic, and are natural and in the wear of cymbals. Sweat, Bleed on em, Spin em, and slam in to the edge, abuse, each cymbal is meant to be played from all angles to get full charecter.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jacarual

OMG is this your dog??? He's adorable!!! I love him! What happened to him? Is that like a halo (brace) type thing on his leg?

Had a dog that looked like him color too - her name was Happy!!!

:);):)

not mine. I was gonna post a completely inappropriate photo of a 3rd world laborer.

google searched 'worker' and found above irresistible photo. I call him Tripod.

Archived