Music For Torture

Wellhungarian

• Members

LMFAO! Aerosmith is listed in name only as if to suggest anything by them is torturous.

Of course, it must be noted that these choices are aimed at causing discomfort in people of substantive being, who were not raised in a commercialized society, and/or those who are perceived or reported to be of anti-American persuasion. (You know...people who allegedly 'hate us for our freedom.' :rolleyes:)

Simply for the sake of administering an aural irritant, I can think of many much better choices.

• Members

Funny you said that, I live in an area with a rather large drunken native population, they all seemed to congregate or "clot" near every entrance of the local mall , spitting, harassing, smoking, dealing drugs, pis sing, etc etc, more or less driving away the few folks that dared enter to actually buy something. They started blaring chopin, bach, and other high society music and low and behold, the sea's parted and not a vagrant to be found at the entrances. And I mean dozens and dozens of good for nothings. Classical music is GOOD

• Members

Funny you said that, I live in an area with a rather large drunken native population, they all seemed to congregate or "clot" near every entrance of the local mall , spitting, harassing, smoking, dealing drugs, pis sing, etc etc, more or less driving away the few folks that dared enter to actually buy something. They started blaring chopin, bach, and other high society music and low and behold, the sea's parted and not a vagrant to be found at the entrances. And I mean dozens and dozens of good for nothings. Classical music is GOOD

It's a beautiful thing. And, now I know why I went to conservatory.

• Members

tell you what's torture: the goddamned autotuned 'teen' vocals on all the damned commercials while I'm trying to watch Spongebob. And the videos are all 'recording studio' shots with the kids wearing headphones and {censored}. Spongebob DVDs FTW.

24/7 for months on end? I get in moods when I can't even stand the TV in the other room.

• Members

Interestingly enough, folks have discovered that playing classical music in public spaces rids them of most of the, ah, more unruly young people.

Opera works best.

Can you recommend a really obnoxious opera CD that I could put in my car, so that when the dude pulls up next to me with his car shaking from all the bass, I can lay it on him. Some high pitched warbling that could break glass kinda opera?

• Members

And I mean dozens and dozens of good for nothings.

Fairly sad to note the state of my brothers out west.

I'm moving to BC come may, that'll be a change. Most out there aren't too fond of us "good for nothing, drunken" native americans, and even the local natives give me that "oh, you're one of them fancy Mohawks, eh? what makes YOU so special?" attitude.

Ah well, the scenery is nice, and as a photographer I'll be happy. :thu:

• Members
Can you recommend a really obnoxious opera CD that I could put in my car, so that when the dude pulls up next to me with his car shaking from all the bass, I can lay it on him. Some high pitched warbling that could break glass kinda opera?

get some Wagner. his music is actually better than it sounds. That's what Mark Twain said anyway.

• Members

get some Wagner. his music is actually better than it sounds. That's what Mark Twain said anyway.

He also said he enjoyed it until it got interrupted by all the singing.

Search on "Ride of the Valkuries" by Wagner. That's the music the helicopters flew into battle with in "Platoon." You can smell the napalm.

• Members

He also said he enjoyed it until it got interrupted by all the singing.

Search on "Ride of the Valkuries" by Wagner. That's the music the helicopters flew into battle with in "
Apocalypse now
." "
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
".

fixed.:thu:

Archived