Metronome apps for iOS

xtranoise

• Members

Theres enough free ones out there that will do most anything you want. My wife is using an IPad for our new gig. (she plays guitar) She has downloaded a few metronomes free that work well. She also downloaded a setlist maker, that stores songs, lyrics, BPM and a metronome that can be set to each song. I assume theres a way to route that through a monitor or set of IEM,s. But its her baby, im just the drummer.wave.gif

• Members

Personally, I see the rhythm watch as more than just a metronome, but I can definitely see an app taking its place in most settings.

I have an RW, but I also have GuitarToolkit, which includes a relatively robust metronome (selection from numerous sounds, signatures, visible flash/silent mode), plus tuner & chord dictionary plus more functionality for numerous stringed instruments all in one app.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by xtranoise View Post
Would you be willing to elaborate on that for me? I'm all ears for information before I make a decision. Thanks.
For starters, I personally like the tones on the RW for a click...they cut through better than a lot of canned click tones I've heard in the past. I've done sessions where I lined in the RW to print the click track to record to. For live situations, you can pre-program beats/tempos to use as your guide for an entire set/show ahead of time.

Beyond that, with the functionality on the RW, you can use it as a rhythm trainer: add in subdivision notes to your primary beat and individually adjust the volume level for all divisions. Say you're running quarter notes. You can add in 1/8s, 1/16s, triplet-ed notes, with the ability to raise/lower the level (volume of each). And then you can play that beat back at any tempo. I've found this useful when trying to get a better feel for what some written music should actually sound like, for example. It should be noted that a fair number of apps have similar functionality as well, although I haven't seen any where you can adjust the individual volume levels for the subdivided notes.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I released the best metronome app on the AppStore. It is universal app for iPhone and iPad and it is called TrueMetronome. Actually it is the best metronome app on ANY mobile platform but for now it is only available for iOS. So, what makes my app so special, you ask?

1. TrueMetronome is the only app which creates perfect beats with ABSOLUTE ZERO latency. You can read in other apps descriptions how low their error, but they HAVE an error (latency) that's why their beats are unstable and professional musicians can hear it.

2. TrueMetronome have the most natural sound of all metronome apps. All sounds are recorded from real metronomes, a beat does not affect the gradual decay of its predecessors, and each beat's sound is a little different from the others. TrueMetronome doesn't use some artificial samples, it recreates the sound of metronome in real time!

3. TrueMetronome recreates the look and feel of a real mechanical metronome. Every mark on the scale is labeled with a tempo mark, the deviation angle of the pendulum depends on the tempo, and the tempo is selected by dragging the weight.

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/true...me/id574204413

Web site: http://www.truemetronome.com

I hope you will enjoy it!

• Members

Drummers do a lot of incremental drills and frankly the one click at a time isn't satisfactory. Sure you can barely tell - if at all - 2 or 3 clicks for me depending on the tempo. Such as that may or may not be, a difference is a difference. If you can progress through ten or a hundred increments up or down in that 2-5 click zone there's a possibility you will absorb it and eventually increase your resolution of precision.

Archived