OT-Wow RIP Whitney Houston

Carminemw

• Members

.... And yet another artist dies way before they should. I don't know what it is about this business that causes ( or even, in some twisted way, encourages it) I was never a Whitney fan, but you 'd have to be completely deaf and dumb to realize how supremely talented this woman was. Given her pedigree ( Dionne Warwick an Aunt, Aretha Franklin a cousin) and her almost instant success. She should have been sitting atop a very select group of singers.

Instead, we get the Crack Addict, the ' reality star' ( christ I wish that would just go away) the abuser of her natural talents until, finally, they deserted her. I don't know what demons she was hiding behind that facade of success , I'm sure we'll hear all about them in the coming weeks. Once again, WHERE were the people who were supposed to be looking out for her? Just like Amy Winehouse, people all stood around and cluck Clucked , and tut - Tutted, while she spiraled down. No one in either of these talented women's inner circles seemed to care enough to get them the help they desperately needed. Elvis' Memphis Mafia was the same. ' Let's just ride the gravy train folks until it stops, then we'll all tell our stories and make more money'

I'm sorry if that's a tad cynical, but I'm sick of reading about Human trainwrecks who had everything life could offer and pissed it all away.

PEACE.

• Members

.... And yet another artist dies way before they should. I don't know what it is about this business that causes ( or even, in some twisted way, encourages it) I was never a Whitney fan, but you 'd have to be completely deaf and dumb to realize how supremely talented this woman was. Given her pedigree ( Dionne Warwick an Aunt, Aretha Franklin a cousin) and her almost instant success. She should have been sitting atop a very select group of singers.

Instead, we get the Crack Addict, the ' reality star' ( christ I wish that would just go away) the abuser of her natural talents until, finally, they deserted her. I don't know what demons she was hiding behind that facade of success , I'm sure we'll hear all about them in the coming weeks. Once again, WHERE were the people who were supposed to be looking out for her? Just like Amy Winehouse, people all stood around and cluck Clucked , and tut - Tutted, while she spiraled down. No one in either of these talented women's inner circles seemed to care enough to get them the help they desperately needed. Elvis' Memphis Mafia was the same. ' Let's just ride the gravy train folks until it stops, then we'll all tell our stories and make more money'

I'm sorry if that's a tad cynical, but I'm sick of reading about Human trainwrecks who had everything life could offer and pissed it all away.

PEACE.

I feel the same

• Members

So strange that huge success in the music industry is a double-edged sword. So many of the brightest stars succumb to the spoils of their success.

Whitney, please shine your light down upon us from your lofty perch in Heaven.

rest in peace. :cry:

• Members

I wasn't not the least surprised when I heard the news this weekend. What surprises me is that people still call it a tradgedy. It's not, it should be a public service announcement to kids. Everytime a celeberty like that dies, it should be posted on the walls of high schools and middle schools. The caption should read, "fame is awesome and the money is great. But remember, you can't spend the money if your dead. Just say no."

I think there is a lot to be said about family influence that goes unnoticed. Yeah, Whitney had a great pedagree, but where was her family when she started spiraling out of control. The same can be said about Amy Wineybitch... I mean Winehouse. (I wasn't a fan). Her biggest hit was her refusal to go to rehab. And people were SURPRISED when she died.

On the other hand... look at Adele. About a year ago, when she thought her life was getting out of control with the money and the fame... she moved back in with her mother to help her get grounded. She may not be superstar in the years to come, though she is now... but she'll have a long successful career.

Just my dime.

DB

• Members

Everytime a celeberty like that dies, it should be posted on the walls of high schools and middle schools. The caption should read, "fame is awesome and the money is great. But remember, you can't spend the money if your dead. Just say no."

You are a wise man, my friend.

Archived