Wanted: Bell Brass Snare

median

• Members

All I can say is good luck - there is a reason you rarely see one for sell.

That's not just a snare, it's an investment.

You may want to look into the George Way Prestige model.

http://www.waydrums.com/drums.htm

Their website has it listed at $795, but I don't know if that is MSRP or actual price directly from them.

Tama made a Bell Brass snare for a while, you might be able to pick up one of those for a decent price, but a Jeff Ocheltree, Sonor, or a Keplinger or something along those lines are going to cost you a lot of money - even used - because they are basically collector's items, and are essentially worth more as a collector's item than as an actual drum.

Look up Keplinger on E-bay, and start watching the Keplinger Store, you'll see stuff.

Right now, there is a Keplinger 7"x14" Stainless Steel that weighs 17lbs. on there for $870, and he says it will easily go "12 rounds against a Tama Bell Brass", and I would believe it. I had a Keplinger, and wish I had never sold it. but it was a 5"x14" that I picked up used in Atlanta - sounded great, but I prefer deeper snares.

• Members

Looking for either a 5x14 or 6.5x14 bell brass snare (either Sonor, Ocheltree, or the like). Must be *heavy*! Anyone have one of these for sale or know someone who does?

median

You and me both!

I have always wanted one of the Tama Bell Brass snares. I rented one from Drum Dr. once, soooo nice!

I have an Ocheltree Steel shell, but it's not the same :(

• Members

Thanks guys. I was going to have Jeff Ocheltree build me a snare but that fell through (for reasons I'd rather not mention here). Now I'm really hoping to find a Sonor. It's all about the crack!

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Don't know if you're still looking, but I've got a 2003 Zildjian Noble & Cooley 14 x 4.75 bell brass snare, new in the box with certs that I'm entertaining parting ways with. Reply if interested and details, pictures, etc can be forwarded.

Thanks

• Members

I don't know if you have a Sam Ash around, but if you can... go in and look for a DRUMCRAFT Bell Brass.  DrumCraft went out of business and sold there entire stock to Sam Ash for pennies on the dollar. 

I found out (slightly too late) that they were selling a DrumCraft Bell Brass for $299.  Yes, $299, that's right. I know someone who bought one and said it was the biggest score he's ever gotten. Sounds as good as any $2000 drum.

I went to my local Sam ash and was told they had 2 which sold out in 2 days.

It's at least something to look out for!

DB

• 2 weeks later...

Archived