I changed things.

Gremson

• Members

So I'll share it with you. 

I've been wanting to change up my kit a bit. Just to put myself in another place while drumming. 

I saw a show last weekend. The first two bands were kinda psychedelic 60's pop. Both drummers had really stripped down kits and were both pulling off a lot of cool {censored} with minimal setups.

So I did the same thing.

Before:

photo 2012-11-08212851.jpg

After:

photo WP_20130325_002_zpsf5a96746.jpg

• Members

"F" cowbell.

And "F" Will Ferrel and that god damned Saturday night live sketch.

I probably would've been rocking a cowbell a long time ago if I didn't have to hear some dip{censored} tell me they have a "fever" every time they see it.

• Members

I liked the trash cymbal you had.

If it were me, I would have left the cymbals, nix the cowbell and kept the fire extinguisher! But that's just me.

In other words I liked your kit before. But I do on occasion like to go minimal just to get back to basics and build from there again. But for me a ride and 2 crashes is minimal.

• Members

I felt it was time to change things up. I recorded a full length album with that setup and was really happy with it. It felt like a landmark in my band's career. Now it's time for the next step and I don't want to be playing the same fills and grooves. I love the funky china crash too, and it'll likely return soon, but I used it a lot on the album, it's time for something new.

I like to work to get music. Having a ton of gear giving you an individual instrument for each tone just seems lazy to me. I'd rather work to get different tones from a single or very few instruments.

Archived