• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by mikeellis

So, who played drums on 'Monster Mash'?smile.gif
LOL!

Hal Blaine would be the high percentage guess...he played on everything. Hell, I used to find him playing my drums in my basement!!! Had to throw him out of the house...he was everywhere!!!!!

Another great rockin Halloween tune is the theme from the Munsters TV show. Kind of that 1960's beach music sound, awesome guitar lead, big horn blasts....that song rocks hard.
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Just to show you how braindead I am, I saw this post and immediately thought the same thing I thought a year ago...."How about the Theme to the Munsters...great tune!"

If I were retarded, would you guys tell me, or would you just be nice to me and let me think I'm normal? Just wondering.

• Like 1

• Members

Some band called the ventures, who recorded the music to Hawaii Five-O. It would seem their drummer was the man on monster mash.

http://www.theventures.com/links/facts.htm

"Drummer Mel Taylor believed that he was the first drummer ever to play bluegrass music. He also played the Hollywood Bowl the first time Country music was played there. He did session work with Gary Paxton(Alley Oop, Cherry Pie, Monster Mash, etc.), Herb Alpert, Buck Owens and others before joining the Ventures."

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Members
Originally posted by DRuM
Some band called the ventures, who recorded the music to Hawaii Five-O. It would seem their drummer was the man on monster mash.

http://www.theventures.com/links/facts.htm

"Drummer Mel Taylor believed that he was the first drummer ever to play bluegrass music. He also played the Hollywood Bowl the first time Country music was played there. He did session work with Gary Paxton(Alley Oop, Cherry Pie, Monster Mash, etc.), Herb Alpert, Buck Owens and others before joining the Ventures."
Some Band??? lol, those guys were Great!
  • Like 1

• Members

Damned, you beat me to it.

I spent a half hour digging that up, and you beat me to the trigger. Oh well.

It was Mel Taylor. Credits here, as well as a little background info here. He was a session man that appeared on "Alley Oop," and "The Lonely Bull" by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass. He was with The Ventures from '62 - '96. If you've ever heard the Hawaii Five-0 theme, you've heard Mel Taylor.

• 11 months later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by cheeseadiddle View Post
Monster Mash sucked, but I dug the hell out of Hawaii Five-0. Oh well.
When I was drumming at the University of Utah, Hawaii was in our conference. We'd play Five-0 when the Rainbow's came to town.

The best halloween type song has to be Witch Hunt by Rush.