technical pro db-b29 decibel display

drummer84

drummer84 wrote:

would appreciate how to hook up tech pro db29 dec display to my 2 powered speakers decib display has rca in and outs speakers have 1/4in and xlrs then where on my passive peavy 14 mixer what cables to use thanx

I'm not positive which Peavey mixer you're using... I'm going to assume it's the PV 14 USB mixer, but if that's not the case, please let me know which specific unit you're using. I'm not really familiar with the Technical Pro DB-B29 either, but I did manage to find the product page on their website.

From the looks of things, you have a choice as far as which outputs on the Peavey you'd use. It has both XLR and 1/4" outputs. Since the DBB29 is a unbalanced device, you may as well use the 1/4" outputs on the Peavey mixer. Connect those to the RCA inputs on the DBB29 with a pair of 1/4" TS to RCA male cables. A second pair of the same RCA -> 1/4" cables would then be used to connect the DBB29 to the powered speakers. That would put the dB meter "inline" between the mixer and powered speakers.

I assume that device has to be calibrated to the SPL in the room somehow - measure the actual SPL with a test tone and SPL meter, and then adjust the sensitivity on the DB-B29 until the displayed SPL of the DB-B29 matches what the SPL meter is telling you. Again, I've never used that particular unit, so you'll need to refer to the unit's manual for specific setup and calibration recommendations.

Archived