Disk
Q-Bert
D-Styles
Excess
Mike Boo
Ricci Rucker
Toadstyle
Kurteek
Don't mean to be rude but apart from Jazzy Jeff none of those mean anything to me, never heard of them.

• Members

DJs? Turntablists??

Skratch Piklz - Mix Master Mike, Q-Bert etc.
the Allies - A-Track the DMC champion with 15... DJ Craze... etc.
all the Beat Junkies Members
all the Scratch Perverts Members
the X-Ecutioners - Grandmasta Roc Raida R.I.P.
DJ Scratch
Radar
Terminator X

all the pioneers and many good new newshool Djs - to much to count.

• Members
cool.gif
From that article I can agree with Carl Cox as a DJ, Chemical Brothers are awesome whatever you call em; but can't speak on the rest, as I haven't heard them. Some good ones mentioned here though, LTJ Bukem, Sasha & Digweed (94 Renaissance Collection.. enough said), Joey Beltram, Danny Howells. Someone mentioned Masters At Work.. reminds me I need to listen to some of the Essential Mixes I dl'd awhile ago from soundcloud. Link---> http://soundcloud.com/das-boy/sets/essential-mix/

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by grungehack View Post
cool.gif
From that article I can agree with Carl Cox as a DJ, Chemical Brothers are awesome whatever you call em; but can't speak on the rest, as I haven't heard them. Some good ones mentioned here though, LTJ Bukem, Sasha & Digweed (94 Renaissance Collection.. enough said), Joey Beltram, Danny Howells. Someone mentioned Masters At Work.. reminds me I need to listen to some of the Essential Mixes I dl'd awhile ago from soundcloud. Link---> http://soundcloud.com/das-boy/sets/essential-mix/
Many moons ago I went to see Masters At Work play live. I was fortunate enough to meet them after and they were kind enough to give me several signed acetates, including The Bucket Heads, The Bomb. God I love that track. These guys are awesome live, so full of energy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hulnick

View Post

I miss all the quality DJ's from 1991-2000, both British and American. Real DJ's who let the music and the mixes speak for themselves, rather than blabber all through each and every track like some god damned party DJ.

there's some truth to that...

• Members

There is a lot of truth in that. It was years before I actually heard David Morales's voice. When he played, he just played. This was cool with true house headz. I hate all these modern "so called" DJ's who seem to get off hearing their own inane drivel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm off to Thailand in a next month. When I attend the Full Moon Party in Koh Samui I will be sure to ask former Kiss 100 DJ Graham Gold if he considers himself a DJ or Producer. Pretty much know what his answer will be.. Bollocks to producers.

Archived