Good headphones for $200-250?

Cathode_Reborn

• Members

My house has never been a good place for creating music - sometimes it feels that I'm constantly being told to turn it down, even by the neighbor on a rare'ish occasion. It got to the point where I barely take the time to create music anymore.

I plan on spending about $200-250 on some headphones but, I'm not even sure what kind to get or where to buy from.

I've also seen that many places sell "studio" and "DJ" headphones. What exacly is the difference? Which provide more bass? And, is there a brand for headphones that most people tend to go for?

Thanks!

• Members

Check out this article I wrote for the January issue of EQ:

http://www.eqmag.com/article/roundup--/January-2010/105603

Given what you've posted, I think the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 might be right up your alley. I use them and found them to be excellent value.

The Shure SRH440 is probably the best value of all the headphones I tried, but if you can swing the extra bucks for the A-T, you won't regret it.

Standard disclaimer: Headphones are very subjective!

• 5 months later...
  • Members

For djing I prefer the Sennheiser HD25-1 II for $200.00

The are focused right in ear and have really nice high output.

I have been djing since the early 90's and these are hands down the best I've ever had.

This.

Or if you don't want sealed headphones, I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD600

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

i've owned all technics had to offer, 3 pairs of sony's, pioneer, and my favorite pair has to be the sony MDR-V900. they are the best sounding, most comfortable headphones for live and studio work.

Agreed. Crystal clear and flat response :thu:

V.

Archived