No synthesizers... ? explaination please

jskpongoui

• Members

it's a Dj set, which i think it's based on ableton live. the back of the screen of their laptop is visable in the lower left hand corner. their most likely tweaking effects inside of live with a behringer BCR type controller. I can't recall 100% createdigitalmusic.com had a few write ups on their performances... try searching there.

• Members

well, they did get busted for a bit of plagiarism .. aside from that though, live makes it relatively easy, and that's more or less the same approach i use. at home with my various synths, i'll work up beats, pads, basslines ect and record them into ableton live into separate clips. when i'm done (more or less.. since i dont really write in "song" format) i'll go back and dj my own stuff into a performance.

they may or may not do something similar, but i bet it works along those lines.

• Members

well, they did get busted for a bit of plagiarism .. aside from that though, live makes it relatively easy, and that's more or less the same approach i use. at home with my various synths, i'll work up beats, pads, basslines ect and record them into ableton live into separate clips. when i'm done (more or less.. since i dont really write in "song" format) i'll go back and dj my own stuff into a performance.

they may or may not do something similar, but i bet it works along those lines.

thats awesome, i really wish i could do that...

damn computer though

• 2 months later...
  • Members

If you have Ableton, you can create music in it and play it back as a DJ set. By the way, Justice has two different shows: live sets and DJ sets.

Their DJ sets are done on CD decks and they play whatever they want (I hear Justice are AWESOME DJs)

Live sets are done in Ableton manipulating their own tracks, using the components of each song as clips that the can then screw with. This is a great show, but I've seen them twice, and the shows were almost identical.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

they use synths in the production of their music, and record it. then they mix that recording to make the album. live, they have those recorded synth sounds in loops and mix them together, so they don't need the physical synth onstage with them.

all in all, I love justice's album, but their live show is not very interesting. its just extended mixes of their album songs.

HOWEVER if I were to see one of these fabled dj sets, I bet that would be awesome because they obviously have a very good ear for transitions and building up and all that jazz

Archived