No announcement yet.

WTB: Agile Harm Extended Scale 30" Bass VI alternative

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Agile Harm Extended Scale 30" Bass VI alternative

I'd been wanting one of these 30" scale Agile Harm guitars for a few years, ever since my Squier Bass VI was stolen (which wasn't a great loss, tbh - lousy Squier quality, a floppy low E string, and abysmal bridge kinda ruined it for me). But I love the concept and possibilites of a Bass VI-type thing, tuned E to e, and with a semi-hollow sort of Rick knock-off body? Sign me up!

But then Rondo Music discontinued this particular model before I could justify spending the funds. And they got rid of all their extended scale stuff in general, it seems (except for those weedly-woo 7/8 string prog metal guitars - they've got a lot of those up right now, for some reason)...

So, anyone got one of these Agile 30" scales collecting dust in your closet that you wanna sell? Bonus points (and by that I mean +$$) if it's been set up for Bass VI strings/tuning, has a seafoam green finish, and pickups other than the stock toasters - I'm a P90 stan myself. But I could get behind whatever variations might be out there.

Not springing for a custom shop version of one of these in 2k16 is one of the greatest regrets of my musical life - even more so than the two years I wasted touring with a terrible grindcore-funk band (a hard-learned lesson that some genre combos just shouldn't exist)

I've also got a super nice J Mascis Squier Jazzmaster that I might consider trading - it's been professionally set up with 12s and SD Antiquity II pickups.
    Starts
    05-01-2019
    Ends
    05-31-2019
    Last edited by heavyhorse; 05-04-2019, 08:02 AM.

• brownadams872
    replied
    Are you still in the market for this

Leave a comment:

• daddymack
    replied
    https://www.rondomusic.com/product3015.html

Leave a comment:

• Phil O'Keefe
    replied
    Originally posted by heavyhorse View Post
    I'd been wanting one of these 30" scale Agile Harm guitars for a few years, ever since my Squier Bass VI was stolen (which wasn't a great loss, tbh - lousy Squier quality, a floppy low E string, and abysmal bridge kinda ruined it for me). But I love the concept and possibilites of a Bass VI-type thing, tuned E to e, and with a semi-hollow sort of Rick knock-off body? Sign me up!
    Isn't the Agile designed to be tuned as a baritone - from B to B? I'm not sure it could handle the thicker strings and lower E to E tuning... not without at least a few modifications.

If you want a baritone, the Danelectros are worth looking into. I have a Squier Bass VI (and I agree with you re: the stock low E - it's too light of a gauge - going with heavier Bass VI strings helps a lot!) and a '05 Dano bari. I don't think the Dano could handle the thicker strings and low E to E tuning either, but as a bari tuned B to B, it's a great instrument!

Whatever you decide on, best of luck with your search!

Leave a comment:

• heavyhorse
    replied
    Not a one? I'm willing to pay handsomely for such a guitar...up to several hundreds of filthy PayPal lucre....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X