URGENT. Help needed finding ProTools TDM Mix cards. Blind studio engineer in crisis.

EdRedfern

• Members

Hello All,

My name's Ed, I'm from the UK, I'm a fully blind professional audio engineer and music producer relying on adapted technologies. I'm trying to reach out in the hope that someone can rescue me in a situation of crisis. Back in June 2014 after 14 years of being in Pro Audio, either on the road recording bands, installations, touring as a musician or sound design work, I fell victim to a pro audio company's con. their offer was to upgrade my vintage blind friendly setup to a more compatible Protools HD11 based setup which went horribly wrong. Long story short, after legal action and recovery of £7500 out of £40,000, It's been a battle. In the end I produced an article on Sound on sound explaining everything. from there, amazing help has come through to get the studio to a point of basic operation. Some sponsors are involved in helping with equipment but there's a way to go.

there's two links. first is the main article, the 2nd is regarding this request.

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1127269&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1127269

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1133066&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1#1133066

I'm asking for help where possible please. my situation concerns having received donation of an Apple G4 MDD with Protools outboard consisting of a series of 4 888 interfaces, 1 882/20 and 1 882 interface, 2 Y cables and 4 digilink TDM cables, Protools TDM 5.13 which I have always relied on for accessibility with a screen reader under mac os 9.2, a stock of plugins and other software, etc.

The problem I'm facing is the lack of the mix core and mix farm cards needed to run protools with as the donor had sold the cards on before he passed the system on to me. I'm trying to find anyone who may have these cards who would be willing to help with donation of these. ideally 1 PCI Mix core and 1 or more mix farm pci cards with the ribbon cable, as well as any tdm cables, etc. this is to get a tdm system back up and running.

I have to explain that I can't move to ProTools HD unless it was HD11 and by that time it would cost over £100,000 in a setup to achieve because of the specifications of outbouard needed, an accessible console, etc. Sad fact in this is that AVID don't want to get involved and have abandoned me as a customer.

Can anyone please help? I've tried everything to find these cards, contacted ebay sellers, etc explaining this and been insulted or time wasted.

if you or anyone you know can help, please message me for more info.

Many thanks.

Ed

Archived