Bass Whammy

Tbirdbassist

• Members

Who here has used one? I see one here and there on ebay but everytime i see it i never have the cash around to bid on it, I know Justin Chancellor uses one, i think Tim Commerford from Rage has used one, and the dude from radiohead. I have the XP-100 which does the job for now, but i want that detune effect the whammy has, plus its modeled more towards the bass tones. Anyone own one, used one?

• Members

I kinda regret selling my Bass Whammy, it rocked. The only thing I wasn't completely happy with was the upper octave sounds being a tad loud, however it did the best 8 string impresonation I have ever heard.

It was a lot of fun doing Justin Chancellor impressions, among other things. Huge bass dives in songs and just freaking the crowds out ;)

• Members

Yea the Xp-100 has that same effect on people, in my old band we played a show in school, and the guitarist couldnt get his (curse word) straight so i was messing around the Octave up positiion sweeping back and fourth with delay was freaking everybody out, sounded very... Mars Volta random soundish. But the whammy is sooo much easier to use, i have to turn the damn xp100 over to look at the presets...:(

Archived