Fender Custom Shop '60s Jazz Bass Pickups??

Casper Cliche

• Members

Originally posted by Casper Cliche

What do you guys know about Fender Custom Shop '60s Jazz Bass Pickups?? How is the overall sound, what could you compare it to? I would check the reviews, but the reviews section of the site is not currently working. Thanks!

Not to be too obvious...but I'd assume they sound like a stock 60's Fender Jazz bass....

• Members

Thanks. I basically was thinking about putting SD 1/4 lbs in my SX, but have an opportunity to pick up the fender 60s for $50 all together. In all honesty I have not heard the original 60s....well probably have but wouldn't know the tone well enough to place my finger on it. I basically am just looking for a clean, deep bassy tone. Nothing harsh, and nothing muddy.

• Members

I have an American Standard J with the custom shop 60's, best sounding J i have ever played after i bought thosepickups. I had a Kinal a while back that came with Fralins that i swapped for EMG's, i later sold it but i kept the Fralins and put them into my Jazz. They were more agressive but diddnt sound nearly as good as the custom shop 60's.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

I'm not hearing any difference at all from that video, at least nothing I can contribute to the pickups. You may be able to feel the differences when you're playing but with the bass recorded and compressed to You Tube and all that, what you have recorded just isn't making it to speakers I'm listening to. There has to be some real noticeable change for a person on the internet to hear, and what little difference there is can easily be chalked up to how you were playing the bass in the recording.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I have an American Standard J with the custom shop 60's' date=' best sounding J i have ever played after i bought thosepickups. I had a Kinal a while back that came with Fralins that i swapped for EMG's, i later sold it but i kept the Fralins and put them into my Jazz. They were more agressive but diddnt sound nearly as good as the custom shop 60's.[/quote']

What made you sell the Kinal?

Archived