What should I use to clean Gold hardware?

Super Bass

• Members

I clean my whole bass with the same thing. Just spray a little non-abrasive guitar polish (I have Martin) on a very soft, clean polishing cloth, then gently wipe down the bass (light, circular motions) and the hardware. This has worked well on my Euro-Spector (green stain w/gold hardware) for years.

• Members

The soap and water worked a bit, but it turns out that the the bridge has oxidisation. Meh, thats ok though, I'm only using one of the saddles. I'll get the bridge replated if I ever need the base plate again.
:)

don't let it bother you ,well worn is nice too

edwards-se-black-010.jpg

edwards-se-black-015.jpg

• Members

That's a really odd place for an output jack. I would think that might be kinda uncomfortable...

actually it's really great and I always filp the cord under the strap anyway so that facilitates that even more so . It doesn't hit your body at all like you might think .

• Members

It's certainly interesting. Maybe I'll check one out next time I see something like that. I'd probably run into some Brian Moore stuff before I see any Edwards around though...

yeah check it out ,Edwards are killer too, but mine is an odd one ,probably custom even the Edwards fanbois were surprised by it .

• Members

The gold bridge on my Spector isn't gold anymore, it's starting to turn silverish where I rest my hand when I pick. Oh well.

C7

pretty sure it's the skins oils and in your case acids that break down the finish , odd as it is if you use a little cleaning rag everytime you touch it or tune it ,it will last forever . Though it's tough if you use it as a rest , just can't avoid it . No biggie anyway ;)

• Members

pretty sure it's the skins oils and in your case acids that break down the finish , odd as it is if you use a little cleaning rag everytime you touch it or tune it ,it will last forever . Though it's tough if you use it as a rest , just can't avoid it . No biggie anyway
;)

Yeah, its from the acidity in the skin oils and your sweat. I wipe off the gold hardware on my SB Elite II after each play. Just to keep it nice. :)

• Members

Windshield washer fluid and plain ol' paper towels. Sometimes a Q-Tip helps to wiggle out the dirt in the tight places.

Washer fluid is quite useful stuff, believe it or not. I no longer bother buying Windex or any proper glass cleaner, when a gallon jug of washer fluid is far cheaper by volume and dissolves damn near everything.

Archived