Updated Family Pics

Scary Bill

• Members

I finally got around to taking some new pics of my gear. It is really starting to look like I am a gear-whore after all :idk:

My little 110 GK practice amp. It has 70W and great tone for the money I paid. I am really happy with both of my GK amps.

Pics2001.jpg

My Big rig is a GK 1001 rbii with a 410+115. Lots of loud .

Amp.jpg

Some family pics

100309014.jpg

The step-kids

100309018.jpg

And last but not least a nice pic of my Ibanez ATK 750 Koa

100309015b.jpg

I am really happy with this bass, got it on clearance a while back. It gets close enough to a MM tone for me at 1/4 the cost new vs new. It will do a fairly good impersonation of a Jazz bass as well. The stock strings (Elixirs) are better than I expected, too.

Amps...

Pics2007.jpg

• Members

Cool blue P-bass, what's the story with that?

Thanks a lot, it was a project bass. My first bass I learned to play. It became junk, I almost burned it and bought a new one instead of fixing it.

It started life as a Squier Affinity P Bass, made in China junk. The PG broke and the d/g PU was really weak the frets were sharp and uneven.

I ordered a custom cut pearl blue PG

Filed and finished (polished too) the frets

Full setup

Full cavity shielding and fixed bridge -> ground connection

SD Basslines SP-3 1/4 LB pups

Ernie Ball SS Flats

New pots/electronics

Weeks of time.

I removed the headstock logo as I was pissed that I had to rebuild the bass to make it right, Squier shouldn't get credit for this one.

More pics

OldBlue.jpg

Next to a Squier VM jazz

JazzBass139.jpg

I gave Squier a second chance and I am happy with the jazz too. Good out of the box.

• Members

hows that squier vm jazz? i've thought about getting a jazz and that's the one i've been looing at. also, is that an esp ltd-b205? and hows the b-string on that for being a 34" scale?

The Jazz is fine stock, I only changed the strings (preference) to DR SS fatbeams. It has a lot of deep lows and a sparkly top end like a jazz bass should.

Mine did need some setup work out of the box. I cut the nut slots deeper, to get the string the right height at the nut. Some minor tweaks with the bridge and truss rod and now it is a great player. My guitar-playing buddy loves this bass and has to play it every time he comes over. Try one in a store if you can, caution-will give gas pains. ;)

The ESP is a b-305. Trans Black Cherry flamed maple. I have it strung up with flats (chromes) the B tension has always been fine for me. With rounds the bass had a very aggressive tone that would cut through a mix easily.

Flats tamed the top-end a lot, it still has lots of growl. The B string now is a little muddy sounding past the 7th fret and starts to sound thuddy. The lower notes ring out better, this works for me fine on this bass. With rounds it didn't do that so I think it comes down to buy the strings you need to make the sound you want.

I have played a b-1001 in a store and it had slighly better pups and electronics. It also cost way more, though. Overall my ESP is a great 5 string.

• Members

Cool stuff. Yeah my 1st bass was a baltic blue Squier P-bass. I had it for a few days and then my dad bought a beat MIJ Fender P-bass while his bass was in the shop. I made out swapping the Squier + $50 for the '85 MIJ P-bass

But I also have a blue Mighty Mite P-bass and a blue pearl guard laying around, you may have inspired me.

• Members

Cool stuff. Yeah my 1st bass was a baltic blue Squier P-bass. I had it for a few days and then my dad bought a beat MIJ Fender P-bass while his bass was in the shop. I made out swapping the Squier + $50 for the '85 MIJ P-bass

But I also have a blue Mighty Mite P-bass and a blue pearl guard laying around, you may have inspired me.

Put her together! :p

• Members

Someone likes GK stuff.

I bought the stack as a cost effective way to be loud and sound good. I liked Mesa tube stuff just a little better, but it way way more money and not much better to my fried ears.

When I got the 110 I was set to get an Acoustic 110 for the same money, the GK was better. One of the Peavey's was a close second, though.

Archived