can anyone recommend a photography forum...

ec437

• Members

what are you looking to do?

Post on a forum that doesn't have a billion members.

I just don't like photo.net. I wouldn't mind someplace like this, but where everyone plays with external flashes instead of bass combos.

• Members

Post on a forum that
doesn't
have a billion members.

I just don't like photo.net. I wouldn't mind someplace like this, but where everyone plays with external flashes instead of bass combos.

But some of us here DO play with external flashes as well!

• Members

bumped to get Dustin's suggestion on this

Dustin? As in me?

Yeah, a few of us do external flash.

Warning: Gratuitous Photo

cottonplantingw.JPG

If you want to do some off-camera flash, I recommend Strobist. Lots of great ideas.

As for forums, I think Fred Miranda's are some of the better ones in my limited experience. I don't post to forums much because they can get weird. Either overly full of mutual admiration and love (like Flickr) or very critical and condescending, IMO. DPReview's forums are like this to me.

If you're a Nikon guy, Nikonians can be good. Luminous Landscape also has forums. It really depends what exactly you're wanting to get into and whether you want a full-on forum or a blog with good information that you can interact through comments.

Since I really don't frequent a lot of forums, I can't comment much. However, I'd be happy to help answer questions here with my fellow photogs. :thu:

I'm headed for bed right now, but I'll check my links from work and see what other forums and communities I'm forgetting.

Dustin

Archived