Is Ibanez SR300 worth extra $100 over Ibanez GSR200?

skier4467

• Members

Ibanez Basses:

GSR200 = $200

SR300 = $300

Only difference is SR300 has 2 extra frets (24 frets vs 22 frets) and the SR300 has 2 humbucking pickups (vs a P and J pickup).

Do you think these differences are worth $100 extra?

The extra frets would be nice!

I'm not sure if the humbuckers would be much better than the P & J pickups?

I play blues, classic rock, funk, folk, & reggae.

Thanks for any input!

• Members

Absolutely. The SR300 is a respectable, affordable bass. The GSR200 is the kind of a bass that only crack whores and men born w/o scrotums would play. No offense to anyone whose playing one now.....I'm just sayin'.

• Members

Absolutely. The SR300 is a respectable, affordable bass. The GSR200 is the kind of a bass that only crack whores and men born w/o scrotums would play. No offense to anyone whose playing one now.....I'm just sayin'.

I don't think I've ever read a post of yours that didn't make me smirk at least a little.

• Members

I don't think I've ever read a post of yours that didn't make me smirk at least a little.

I could post a Lug MP3. I do not believe you will have a smirk after that. If you feel you already have too much smirk in your life, let me know!

• 6 years later...
  • Members

The SR300 is absolutely worth the money. It's the only bad that I play. I own three of them. Ibanez had always had a great sound, since the sr series came out 20 some years ago, I've been hooked. I've bought all of mine for $350 and well worth the price.

• Members

The SR300 is absolutely worth the money. It's the only bad that I play. I own three of them. Ibanez had always had a great sound, since the sr series came out 20 some years ago, I've been hooked. I've bought all of mine for $350 and well worth the price.

• Members
Back in 2013, I toured with a reggae/soul/funk band from Baton Rouge. For the first part of the tour, I used a GSR 200 exclusively.

Of course, I was also born without a scrotum.

It's not your fault, you poor sod. Your parents were probably on the crack when you were conceived. smiley-sad,​

Archived