NCD... the end of GAS!

MillenniumBlues

• Members

It sure looks baddassedd!

How do you like it's sound?

I REALLY like the 104HF cabinet! While travelling on the spring break I got a chance to try out different Markbass cabs with my LMIII, and the 104HF was my favorite. I briefly flirted with the idea of getting two small 8 ohm Markbass cabs, but there was just something about the big 4 ohm cab/500 watt head set up that I liked - deep, punchy, and full (I can see why Robbie Shakespeare likes them for reggae). It's a nice contrast to my TC rig, which can really add edge and colour to the sound of my basses (in a good way!) and get dirty if needed.

• Members

The TC cabs are great - they're very portable, and I like the sound. I usually bring the Classic 450/RS212 for smaller country-rock gigs, and it is great.

I'm not a slap/popper, so I can't comment on that, but for fingers and plectrum I highly recommend the TC cabs.

BTW - they also sound good with the Markbass head driving them.

• Members

I would love to try out a Markbass or TC setup someday but I'm pretty happy with my Shuttle 6.0. Lightweight stuff is great and practical but I still don't think it sounds as good as my old heavy stuff! Not that I would ever go "back" to the heavy rigs but I do miss them sometimes.

I was seriously considering the Genz Benz setup.... it was a very clost "third place" on my list of amps to buy. I would love to have a Shuttle 6.0 coupled with a Neo 212 cab!

Archived