No announcement yet.

Cheap bass guitars

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap bass guitars

It's pretty amazing, actually. You can get a bass guitar for less than $70, shipping included, and, while they're certainly not top quality instruments, reviews say that they're playable, and they don't sound all that bad.

Here's one for under $60:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5-Color...r=532477822079
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

At those prices would be fun to perform experiments with

Comment

No doubt.
      "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
      -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
      -- Theodore White

Comment

Guitar factories in Indonesia, China and Korea have it down to an art.
        Basses: Ibanez SR506, Ibanez ATK305, Rickenbacker 4003
        Guitars: Fender Stratocaster, Carvin DC747

Comment

I bought an Ibanez Mikro Bass for $179, put Tape Wound strings on it for $40. Its not $70 but its damn good sounding, very playable bass for $219 total. Of course running it through the Trace Elliot Transit B helped the tone considerably. I've played a few quite expensive basses some over 2 grand. But right now I have no desire to play anything else, except maybe the 5 string version of the same bass.

Comment

I listen to Paul of the Beatles
            his bass lines are classics
            whether hofner or rick
            methinks all guitarists should also get a bass

especially if modern basses playable are not lots of $$$
            fingers get stronger
            works for some
            Last edited by nice keetee; 07-11-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlienArtifact View Post
              Guitar factories in Indonesia, China and Korea have it down to an art.
              I'd say a science rather than an art. I don't think there's anything artisitic or artisanal about what they're doing. They're just churning out one after another, pretty much exactly the same, and, if they're not great, who cares? They're not bad. They're no better than they need to be, but they're no worse.
              -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
              X