Hoary Carp! A new Clatter album!

isaac42

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I have listened to it. I like it. More layers than past efforts, by my recollection. More vocal harmonies, some added keys and guitars(!). Probably never be a hit in dance clubs, as there are too many tempo changes. I see it as a heavy prog album, and yes, I like it.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

AUUUGGGHHH no dance clubs?!?! Hahaha guess I can be okay with that. 😹

Glad you liked it! Since this was a concept album about a breakup, we did decide to focus more on what we wanted to say and how we wanted to say it musically on this album rather than go with what we could replicate live, which was how we wrote our last albums. So, that meant some additional layering, and I broke out my remedial piano skills on a few tunes. We only actually used a guitar as a layer on one song, which was the very ending of "Seven Shades of Hell." Otherwise, it was all basses, including a Fender 6 which we used for overdubs on a few songs just to help those parts stand out sonically from the Rickenbacker.

We're really happy with the way it turned out and are glad you liked it! We recorded and mixed it in Sweden and enjoyed our time here so much that we are moving here from the States. Time for a fresh start! ❤️

Archived