I did it...Custom bass

DBR013

• Members

I did it. Last year I had a bass made and got rid of three other basses. I love it. It's manufactured by (now defunked) Knothead and it is really cool. It's the second to the last instrument he built. Maple body with Purpleheart top, Birdseye Maple neck and a purpleheart headstock along with EMG BTC circuitry. I had him create a 4 string as I got rid of the Ric, the Killer B IV and Toby Deluxe V. Amazing tone, feel. It's a 35" neck with a 14" radius and he had to build the radius tool just for this bass. It harbors super jumbo frets and it plays like a charm. Can you guess which one it is? Pic doesn't really do it justice but I love it n it's built for me. What can i do so that it doesn't distort when wide open? The pickup doesn't get any lower. Should I have a luthier make it so it gets a little bit lower as I know the battery in the unit is almost new. It goes into what seems to be an overdrive. I watched Bachman Turner concert and I wish I would have thought about what he had done to his Carvin. A thumbrest all the way across the body from the rear pickup to about halfway down the neckline so he can get different tones comfortably anywhere on the bass. To me, it's still a cool instrument. Oh yeah the hardware is all Hipshot with the solo bridge as the body is concaved. Tell me what you all think. Better pix to come sometime. His name? Dave Hope & not the original bass player from Kansas. (Shows you all my age.) LOL

675a36b929dc4cb5b86e174d695aa5c8.thumb.jpg.dcdee4c3e9e1d958b4e20ae0ded9d67d.jpg

Archived