Yamaha BB 2005

David3000

• Members

What's up guys?

I haven't played music for a very long time, during which I never considered selling my electric bass, until very recently.

My bass is a Yamaha BB 2005 from 2005. I asked around about its price value but, frankly, I have been hearing ridicolous numbers. It can't be that the value of my instrument went up so much so fast.

So, honestly, how much would you say such an instrument in good condition is worth today?

Cheers,

David

• Moderators

My standard response is that it is worth what someone will pay for it. All else is speculation. To inform your speculation, I suggest looking on

Reverb.com for a price history, or ebay to see if any have sold there recently and for how much.

• Members

There's one on eBay right now located in Japan. It's going for $2299.99+shipping "Buy It Now" so somebody apparently thinks highly of it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-YAMAHA-BB-2005-White-5-strings-Bass-Gold-Parts-w-Hardcase/123052265136?hash=item1ca67c8eb0:g:-koAAOSwjOxawJHx. Nothing in Sold/Completed Listings and nothing on Reverb.com. IMHO, a sample size of one isn't terribly meaningful.

• Moderators

Yeah, I saw that. The thing is, though, that anyone can ASK any price they want. That doesn't mean that anyone else will pay that much for it. That's why it's important to look at completed auctions rather than active ones, particularly active auctions with no bids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'd say somewhere in the $1500 to $2,000 mark considering on condition. It's a neck-thru build which Yamaha doesn't do any more. Rest of the specs seem to indicate it was one of their higher-end basses so it would hold its value IMO. All recent Yamaha are bolt-on necks.

Archived