Yamaha BB 2005

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha BB 2005

What's up guys?

I haven't played music for a very long time, during which I never considered selling my electric bass, until very recently.

My bass is a Yamaha BB 2005 from 2005. I asked around about its price value but, frankly, I have been hearing ridicolous numbers. It can't be that the value of my instrument went up so much so fast.

So, honestly, how much would you say such an instrument in good condition is worth today?

Cheers,

David

My standard response is that it is worth what someone will pay for it. All else is speculation. To inform your speculation, I suggest looking on
    Reverb.com for a price history, or ebay to see if any have sold there recently and for how much.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

There's one on eBay right now located in Japan. It's going for $2299.99+shipping "Buy It Now" so somebody apparently thinks highly of it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-YAMAHA...oAAOSwjOxawJHx. Nothing in Sold/Completed Listings and nothing on Reverb.com. IMHO, a sample size of one isn't terribly meaningful.
      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Member of the Schecter Society
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. The thing is, though, that anyone can ASK any price they want. That doesn't mean that anyone else will pay that much for it. That's why it's important to look at completed auctions rather than active ones, particularly active auctions with no bids.
        "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
        -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
        -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
        -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
        -- Theodore White

Comment

I'd say somewhere in the $1500 to $2,000 mark considering on condition. It's a neck-thru build which Yamaha doesn't do any more. Rest of the specs seem to indicate it was one of their higher-end basses so it would hold its value IMO. All recent Yamaha are bolt-on necks.
          --------------------------------
          www.VerneAndru.com

Comment

Working...
          X