No announcement yet.

Setup specs for a fretless bass

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
    Is that an Applause fretless? How cool! I never even knew they made such a beast.
    I believe that's an Ovation rather than an Applause but I could easily be wrong.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
      I believe that's an Ovation rather than an Applause but I could easily be wrong.
      I've owned Applause and Ovation instruments - multiples of each actually. The rosette and general features look far more like an Applause to me than an Ovation, but again, I never knew they made a fretless acoustic bass under either moniker, so I don't know for certain either way which one it is...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

That picture was not the bass that I worked on, it was supplied by another forumite. I didn't take a picture of mine, all I was asking for was what kind of action a typical fretless might have. The work order on the bass in my question calls it an "Ovation Applause fretless bass" and gives the serial number. A follow up call to the owner indicated that he is happy with the way it plays.

I've got another bass on my bench right now that needs a nut - its got frets and I know what to do with it.

Comment

Working...
        X