Church Bassist Discovers...

isaac42

• Moderators
True or not' date=' thanks for posting that. It made my day. I sent the link to the other members of our praise band. I think in my case people would say my playing [b']improved[/b] if I unplugged the amp, LOL. ;)

Who do you think you are? Lug?

• Members
Poser - or maybe he was using a DI.

I thought of that too - but don't most amps have an AC indicator light when you turn them on?

How bout tuning up before you play - Wouldn't you check your tuning, adjust your volume and tone?

I might believe it if it was an acoustic bass but solid body that makes practically no sound at all?

Maybe his congregation knew he played poorly?

Only thing I can say is, the guy got away with playing Air Guitar for 20 years.

• Members
. . . How bout tuning up before you play - Wouldn't you check your tuning, adjust your volume and tone? . . .

. . . Only thing I can say is, the guy got away with playing Air Guitar for 20 years.

I tune the bass at our church and if you use a clip-on tuner you don't need to have the amp turned on. The controls on the bass and amp stay the same from one week to the next anyway. We do, however, hear the bass. Oh, and one final nit pick: he was playing ''air bass,'' not air guitar.

• Members

I tune the bass at our church and if you use a clip-on tuner you don't need to have the amp turned on. The controls on the bass and amp stay the same from one week to the next anyway. We do, however, hear the bass. Oh, and one final nit pick: he was playing ''air bass,'' not air guitar.

Unplug your church bassists amp this weekend, just for kicks, and see if it makes a difference. :D

• Moderators
That's got to be a spoof site or story... right? Please tell me that it's not serious. How could you overlook your amp not working (due to it being unplugged) for that long?

BabylonBee is indeed a spoof site satirizing 'Christian' topics, apparently...

http://babylonbee.com/news/culture-truth-relative-suddenly-concerned-fake-news/

Archived