Upright Bass Questions

MDMachiavelli

• Members

I don't play double bass, but the scale I beleive is 40"'s.

Nope I was wrong

43.3 inches

There is some variation in the scale length of an orchestral double bass, generally in the range 41.343.3 inches (105 – 110 cm)

• Members
I don't play double bass, but the scale I beleive is 40"'s.

Nope I was wrong

43.3 inches

There is some variation in the scale length of an orchestral double bass, generally in the range 41.343.3 inches (105 – 110 cm)

I apologize I must have been somewhat ambiguous. I was asking what is the height between the fretboard and the string. I was wondering about the height at each end of the fretboard, at the nut and at the end of the fretboard. The distance it takes to "fret" one of the strings?

• Members

I apologize I must have been somewhat ambiguous. I was asking what is the height between the fretboard and the string. I was wondering about the height at each end of the fretboard, at the nut and at the end of the fretboard. The distance it takes to "fret" one of the strings?

No idea on that one.

• Moderators

Okay, MDMac,...this is costing me a couple of beers tonight ;)

G string is 2mm gap at the nut, E string the same. G string is 9mm gap at the end of the finger board, E string is 10mm.

I hope that was of some help. [ oh and he's Swiss, hence everything is metric]

• Members
Okay, MDMac,...this is costing me a couple of beers tonight ;)

G string is 2mm gap at the nut, E string the same. G string is 9mm gap at the end of the finger board, E string is 10mm.

I hope that was of some help. [ oh and he's Swiss, hence everything is metric]

Thanks bud, now I owe you a couple of beers. What part of the world do you live in so if I'm close I'll know.

Archived