James Jamerson

nice keetee

• Members

He was part of the Funk Brothers who recorded all the hits that came out of Motown. They would switch up musicians in that band, other bassists, Guitarists, drummers, Keys but they were all the same gang that played the locals clubs in Chicago.

If you ever get the chance to watch that movie, Standing in the Shadows of Motown, The surviving members of the Funk Brothers tell you the whole story about those years. Some of the stories about Jamerson were pretty good because his buddies that played with him described them.

When Motown moved to California Jamerson was one of the musicians that followed them out there. He did some sessions work on some notable hits but Jamerson's style fell out of favor with local producers and he was reluctant to try new things. By the 1980s he was unable to get any serious gigs working as a session musician and eventually died in 83 from issues with alcoholism.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The bridge cover with the mute of course! He also said the pickup cover was functional and I agree with him on that. I put my cover on with a ground wire attached and I strongly believe it evens out the tone of the dead notes on G string by causing a Faraday shield effect.....thus making the other pickup poles to also transfer the G string vibration.

Archived