Not much Bread Board

steve mac

• Members

A while back I asked for advise about a new pedalboard as I had started sitting on a stool to gig and my legs where a little short to reach easily. Fast forward and after literally months of doodling, I finally settled on my own "grand piano" design.

My needs were;

it had to hold just two pedals one of which was double size and a controller switch again about double pedal size

the controller had to be within easy reach and as it controls a looper I wanted to be able to rest my heel and rock on/off the pedal

as many wires as possible hidden

not be too big/heavy

so i took my doodle and a cardboard mockup to a woodworker ( I am sadly incapable ) and three days later and costing roughly $50 this is what he produced.

he did make an error on the measurement of the bottom shelf in that I had planned on the Atomic Amp pedal going there but a quick rethink and I am pretty happy.

thanks for the advice on the original post.

d4268753541fe03bc227c4ddc94443f5.thumb.jpg.9a4a47175d234cdd383949c89ecb05d5.jpg

1a4d92f24a4848addf6e1ca7f2da067e.thumb.jpg.ec9f5d49579245f95d2245a1a7b01863.jpg

7f60ed0665aac8ae3060f4ef9215c08d.thumb.jpg.c3cbe35641af5971603b5db88827d7ae.jpg

• Members
didn't like my hinges' date=' eh? ALthough that does have what you wanted, it doesn't seem to be very portable....and do you play barefooted? :eek:[/quote']

I did like your hinges but decided on simpler the better, however in its next iteration I strongly suspect a couple of hinges will make an appearance.

It is a bit on the heavy side, but fits a treat into a small Roland amp case I had so it should be fine.

it topped 130 degrees here today, so bare everything is the way to go. I am just waiting my delivery of Barefoot Buttons to stop the ouchy of stomping.

Gave it its first run through today and it's so much better for the added height.

• Members
A while back I asked for advise about a new pedalboard as I had started sitting on a stool to gig and my legs where a little short to reach easily. Fast forward and after literally months of doodling, I finally settled on my own "grand piano" design.

My needs were;

it had to hold just two pedals one of which was double size and a controller switch again about double pedal size

the controller had to be within easy reach and as it controls a looper I wanted to be able to rest my heel and rock on/off the pedal

as many wires as possible hidden

not be too big/heavy

so i took my doodle and a cardboard mockup to a woodworker ( I am sadly incapable ) and three days later and costing roughly $50 this is what he produced.

he did make an error on the measurement of the bottom shelf in that I had planned on the Atomic Amp pedal going there but a quick rethink and I am pretty happy.

thanks for the advice on the original post.

Nice, if you like playing with wood. My brother loves and would mess around his shop all day every day if he could. He's Programmer.

You do know Pedal train makes a nice board for 79 bucks. Comes with a travel bag too.

Sometimes hobbies can be therapeutic.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PM16SC--pedaltrain-metro-16-sc-16-inch-by-8-inch-pedalboard-with-soft-case

It's a bit more if you want it in a ATA case. ATSA cases are heavy but will last a long time. Take your pedal board out and set it on top of the case and that should do ya.

Ya never know what your; gonna get for a stool at a bar, so ask for one without arms in your contract.

I have a couple of these in my shed for when I have musicians friends over. They are a bit hard to find, as most of the ones you see in the department stores now have arms and beer holders built in. Find for mandolin, but not so much guitar.

If you need to go taller stool, try a taller directors chair, take your miter saw and make the arms disappear. a little sanding and some crazy color paint to let everyone know it yours. Make a little cushion, so your guitar doesn't bag on the wood. Plus they are not super comfy. and the little extra will be nice after an hour. I can play for hours, but my bum needs a break, not so much my fingers.

I should design up a nice folding chair for musicians, the world really could use one . A bit taller, nice padding, must be comfy if you weight 130lbs of 400lb. Plus a place to park your feet. Needs to come in at under 10 bucks manufacturing cost and sell for under 60 bucks.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"5912ba57Nd0aa9218.jpg","data-attachmentid":32295922}[/ATTACH]

• Members

For me the problem with pedaltrain board is mainly two fold beside the height.

i wanted to be able to rock my foot onto and off the loop buttons, that way I can be accurate without having to glance down at all. Hence my " grand piano" design.

i also didn't want to use a power block i.e. Voodoo etc. But rather use a power strip and the original "wall warts" but hidden from view.

As shown on my new board. Totally agree about the stools though, I do carry my own if required but it has only been needed once.

1a4d92f24a4848addf6e1ca7f2da067e.thumb.jpg.0dabc2b915b170a0d28ba3ab1a5ef276.jpg

c7c945519e3182d16efad0bba45ce32b.thumb.jpg.bfee3ad90c0d0fa6b16b4fa316d33f96.jpg

• Moderators

Archived