Fender Slide iOS/PC/Mac Audio Interface
By Ara Ajizian |
Record quickly and easily to your iOS device as well as your computer with this compact, single-channel interface.
Thanks to the ever-decreasing size of laptop computers and the advent of mobile technology like smartphones and tablets, the “portable studio” is now truly a reality. All that’s needed is your favorite recording software and a compact interface, and you have more recording power at your fingertips than ever before. With its palm-sized profile and powerful capabilities, the Fender® SLIDE™ interface makes mobile recording as seamless as ever. As a bonus, it’s also designed to be a learning tool when used in conjunction with the included Rock Prodigy Lite app. It all adds up to an affordable, versatile and very functional tool.
With its small footprint and two-knob, no-nonsense controls, the Fender Slide is ideal for recording on the go.
What You Need To Know
- About the size of a laptop mouse, it’s as straightforward as an audio interface can be. There’s a ¼” input at the front for your instrument, volume and mix knobs on top, and data and 1/8” output connections on the back.
- Easily connects to your device's USB port or Lightning-equipped iOS devices with included cables.
SLIDE lets you hear and mix your dry signal with the output signal via the mix control. This allows you to address any latency issues you may run into when recording, and SLIDE is the only iOS interface currently on the market to offer this feature.
- SLIDE captures audio via premium AD/DA converters, with recording quality up to 24-bit/48kHz available.
- Fender employs what they call Dynamic Range Extension circuitry, which provides maximum dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio. It functions like an automatic trim control in that it can sense the strength of a pickup’s signal and adjust the gain accordingly, ensuring your performance is always captured with accuracy and detail.
- AmpliTube Fender software for your computer or mobile device is included. This starter app gives you a Fender Deluxe Reverb amp and single-track recorder so you can start jamming and laying down ideas immediately.
- When you purchase SLIDE you’ll receive a free license to the Lite edition of Rock Prodigy, a bonus app that includes the entire first course of Rock Prodigy. If you're a beginner or need to brush up on your chops, you’re just seconds away from a lesson on your iPad or iPhone, wherever you are.
- It's easy to say that SLIDE's single input is limiting, but that's missing the point; you're not going to record an album with this interface. It's a personal connection to your device that allows you to focus on capturing ideas, jamming and improving your skills as a player.
Now that we have touch screens and intuitive software programs to work with, many of the roadblocks of yesterday’s gear are gone. Of course, taking advantage of all that means having a no-frills interface, and for around $100, the Fender SLIDE is an ideal companion for mobile music making. And not only does SLIDE make your recording more mobile, it makes learning easier too with the Rock Prodigy Lite software. It’s an incredible value with tremendous functionality that any player will appreciate having.
Ara Ajizian, Harmony Central's Editorial Director, has been playing bass and guitar as well as singing since he was 18, and soon that love of music combined with a passion for writing; launching what's now a decade-long career immersed in the gear world. He's thrilled to be back on the Harmony Central team after two years as Managing Editor for Musician's Friend covering gear, bands and events and gigging in the Los Angeles area.