Not even the Mayans could have predicted what Future Retro would do next…. From reviving the acid scene with the 777 synthesizer to releasing the multifunctional Mobius and Orb step sequencers, the innovative circular Revolution, and powerful semi-modular XS, Future Retro has remained true to its vision of delivering high-quality instruments at an affordable price to everyone from home-studio musicians and DJs to chart-topping artists, engineers, and film score composers around the world.
Now, 15 years after its 777 debut, Future Retro ventures into the realm of pro-audio recording hardware with the db, a mastering processor designed for transparent routing and monitoring of all your audio. As the nexus for the modern recording environment, this multifunctional device can be used for tracking, summing, and mastering of your audio tracks, as well as full control of your monitoring system.
Connect mics, instruments, audio interfaces, hardware processors, and monitors to the db and enjoy having access to all your studio gear, in one spot. All inputs and outputs are fully balanced, and internal signal routing is 99 percent balanced for the lowest possible noise.
Highlights of the db:
• Fully balanced inputs and outputs
• Signal levels > +28dBu
• Quick selection of tracking, playback, summing, and mastering modes
• 16 Channels of fully balanced passive summing, with 8 channels individually selectable between mono/stereo
• 8 Stereo insert channels with hard bypass switching
• Mid/side processing with Width control
• Parallel processing with Pre/Post control
• Mix switch lets you quickly turn on or off parallel processing or A/B the pre/post signals of the buss
• Latency-free monitoring of audio from your DAW
• Track control independently adjusts monitoring level of your DAW backing tracks
• Stepped Monitor control for consistent mixing at ideal levels
• Comprehensive monitor section for 3 pairs of speakers
• Illuminated front-panel switches with customizable labels for personalized, visual feedback of all active functions
• High-quality components from precision matched resistors, custom sealed metal-shaft pots with conductive plastic elements, high-voltage relays, gold XLR, and industry-standard DB-25 connectors
Each db is hand-assembled and soldered in-house, right here in the USA, to assure the highest standard in quality.
The db ($2,500) will begin shipping in limited quantities in early 2013. Pre-orders are now being taken.
For additional information, complete specifications, the db manual, and images, visit: www.future-retro.com