Trace Elliot Commando 15
Submitted: April 3rd, 2003
by Anonymous Reviewer
I have a rickenbacker 4003, with stock single coils and a Fender Precision bass with stock pickups. They sound amazing through this amp. I could not believe the sound versatility on this amp, i play alternative/punk/jazz/funk and metal and this amp sounds great in all those categories. I have played through this amp with distortion one or two times, even though i do not like distortion on bass, it sounded pretty good. The clean on this amp at high volumes is extremely clear, there is no distored sound at all.
This amp is a beast! It has not failed me once yet, i never bring a back up amp to gigs. I have never felt the need to. This amp has had some beatings, fallen down stairs, off the back of trucks, and it turns on and cranks everytime.
General Comments
When i bought this amp, i compared it to Hartke, Ampeg, SWR, and Fender. I bought this because the sound was so versatile, and also a friend of mine has a Trace 4X10 combo, and it is going on 25 years old now. I figured what the hell, it seems rugged, lets see how long it lasts. If lost or stolen, I would definately replace it, if i could find another one. I love this amp, and trust it, it is solid and thats it. I hate nothing about it. GREAT AMP. Other gear - Bunch of Mackie Mixing/Recording equipment, and lots of Carvin.