Thomastik SP112 Spectrum Bronze Acoustic Strings Medium-Light
Submitted: July 14th, 2005
by Bongo Slade
OMFG - this cab, like all Avatars, kicks major ASS - i use it with the 2X10 (also 8 ohms) Avatar cab (so i'm pushin' these a 4 ohms)and these are the best freakin' cabs i have ever played thru, leaves ALL the other hi dollar boutique cabs at the starting line - i'm mostly an old Blues player but i like to slap my Fender P/Bass and J/Bass plus my Carvin 5 wire thru these babies too! - i play for FLAMIN' HARRY AND THE ROADHOUSE ROCKERS!(www.flaminharry.com)and we play damn loud! Avatar cabs have no problem with that. it has Punch, smothness and plenty of low end (my low B comes thru just fine)and the horn will add so much high end (if you like) that most player (like me) only turn it on 1/4 of the way (9:00 setting)
again - build like Saddam's private bunker!! - to quote the site "The cab is made from 3/4 inch voidless Baltic Birch plywood with rabbet and dado interlocking side joints for extreme strength. The enclosure is covered in black carpet, has protective corners, large recessed bar handles." - and they ain't liyin' - i'm not easy on things - i play out two three times a week and throw this cab around a lot - it can take it, but the inside of my SUV looks rough.
General Comments
this company is the quiet, secret killer-cab maker for us working Bass players - you will not be disapointed by their products or customer support! read more info about these cabs at www.uglybassplayer.com - a lot of cats on that site are using them. construction, sound, looks, cost, size, durability, are all top notch! i can't understand how anyone would buy any other cabinets