TC Electronic M•One XL Effects Processor
Submitted: October 4th, 2005
by dragonfly-j.NH1
The quality of the reverbs in this box is still great even though the unit has been around for a few years now. It comes with both balanced analogue as well as digital I/O:s and integrates perfectly into both domains. Sound is very lush and you can make it do just about anything from subtle room reverb effects to heavy limiting and dynamic compression. And everything is MIDI controllable.
In short, this box is rock solid. I dropped it on a concrete floor at a gig once and the rack mounting thingy broke off (had to weld it back together), but other than that it's been working great. It never hangs or bugs out. It just does its job, like it's supposed to, non-stop, and it hasn't complained once. I've had it for about five years now. :)
General Comments
It's good for any kind of music, and I would definately buy another one. Actually, having two might not be a bad idea considering I use the one I have so much. My favourite feature would probably be the great User Interface which must be one of the best on a rack mounted unit ever. I use this unit together with the D-Two and Triple-C, and together they make a great team! Accept no substitutes, this is the one you want!