Steinberger Synapse TranScale 6-String Guitar Strings Standard Gauge
Submitted: February 25th, 2005
by tfancil
This guitar will do it all! With the EMG pickups and the Piezo pickup system you can blend the 2 combinations to get about any tone you are looking for. I've been playing this through a Line 6 POD Pro and have been able to acheive several really nice tones from crystal clean to Zak Wylde EMG 81 tones to vintage PAF tones. It is as quite as if it wasn't even on, due to the active pickups. The only thing I would change would be to add a splittable EMG 89 pickup or a single coil pickup in the neck position and that is purely personal taste on my part. I've been playing single coil neck pickup for years and I prefer that sound.
This guitar feels great! It's balanced really well. It's light and could be worn all day without fatigue. The hardware is solid and mounted well. This is the only guitar you would need live. It can play in many keys, because of the rolling capo and can drop down to D by rolling the capo off of the neck. With the Piezo and EMG's it will cover clean and any vintage or distortion tones I need, and with the double ball strings, I could change a string in seconds, if I were to break one. Next gig I may just take this guitar only!
General Comments
I've been playing guitar for over 23 years now and gigging live for about 20 years. I've played live in serious working cover bands playing as many as 45 weekends a year. I have mainly played in Rock, Alternative, and classic rock bands. I've owned about every guitar made through the years and currently own a Steinberg GL4TA, PRS Hollowbody Spruce w/Piezo, PRS Swamp Ash Special, PRS McCarty with IRW neck, and a few acoustics. This guitar will stand up against any of them! I know I sound like I'm selling these guitars but I'm really excited about the greatness of them guitar and it's features! If you want to learn more about the Synapse guitar try Steinbergerworld.com or Steinberger.com These guitars are really without limits!