Squier Squier FSR Affinity Telecaster HH 2017
Submitted: September 18th, 2017
by b12670
Glorious full humbucker tone, baby! Nice and loud when you are playing it and noiseless when you aren't. No buzz, no hum. Pretty high output too. Handles loads of gain without breaking up or squawking.
 I'm not much for checking specs before I buy. The nitty gritty details are all usually laid out in the product description anyway i.e. what kind of wood, output, neck scale blah blah blah..It's a Tele, okay? If you already know and love the shape and feel, you kind of know what you are getting into here. Maybe a bit more lightweight than a real-deal Fender Tele,
Got an open box deal which knocked about sixty bucks off of the current (as of this writing) 199.00 ask.Keep an eye on that price tag because as with most Squier Affinity models, you'll probably start seeing it come down around the holidays, or when next year's models are in the pipeline.But even at full price, this guitar is a hard to beat deal.
General Comments
Love the classic Tele shape, but don't love single coil pickup noise? Your Tele has arrived!The big selling point for me was the two sweet humbuckers and the sharp looking matching black head-stock. I've long loved the way a Tele feels from a play-ability standpoint. But the love affair usually ends when I hear that twang-y buzzy thin single coil output that most Squier Teles are normally equipped with. What can I say? I'm a humbucker guy. I can't deal with single coils. Not the right sound for what I play. (heavier rock)So when I saw this humbucker loaded model, I had to have her!
Hobbyist guitar player, club level musician, cheap guitar collector.