Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200
Submitted: December 30th, 2008
by Tuned in
It's true bypass, so there's absolutely zero effect on your signal. As picky as I am about tone sucking, I have no problems putting this pedal first in my chain. When you click the pedal to turn on the tuner, your signal is automatically muted. At first I was wary of this, but it really makes complete sense - you don't need your ears with this tuner, just your eyes - and nobody else wants to hear a guitarist tune up anyway. TRUST THIS TUNER! With it, you won't need your ears to tune anymore.
I haven't owned it long enough to determine it's reliability, but it feels and looks so damn sturdy I'm comfortable giving it a "10" on good faith. All metal enclosure with rock-solid switches. There is nothing flimsy about this pedal - awesome!
General Comments
After 20 years of using basic tuners, I no longer have to "hope" everything is tuned right. With the ST-200, I KNOW it's tuned. It's not only accurate, it's FAST! Recognizes notes instantaneously. Fantastic. I Love this tuner - my guitars have never sounded better. All this for less than $130? Wow. If I lost it today, I'd buy another one right away without thinking about it.