Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-122
Submitted: October 30th, 2008
by Don_1
This will make any instrument sound better. I'm using this with every guitar I own: 6 and 12-string acoustics, nylon string classical, numerous electrics. I run this at the beginning of my signal chain, I haven't noticed any noise from the tuner. I just leave it plugged in, and turned on, all the time. From the very first time I tried the tuner, every guitar sounded so much better. Then I intonated all my electrics. I had no idea they were all so far out of intonation. Now they all sound even better.
This seems to be pretty solid. I don't anticipate any problems. My amp has a built in tuner (though not as accurate as the Turbo Tuner). I think this should be enough back-up. Also, I always have a tuning fork for the ultimate in reliability.
General Comments
I play a little bit of everything. It doesn't matter what type of music one plays, it needs to be in tune. Even if your music style requires a different (or offset) tuning or temperament, this tuner will work great and make you sound better. I've tried other strobe and virtual tuners in the past, and always had difficulty reading the display. This one is incredibly easy to read. Any changes in tuning are instantly registered on the display. Since I've had this tuner, I'm able to tune up and set-up intonation quicker and easier than ever.