Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-122
Submitted: December 6th, 2009
by ChihulyJim
I am using this on a pedal board with a Mission Engineering Volume Pedal and various other pedals. I use a Carr Rambler or a Fender DRRI amp. I use various guitars. Most have BFTS. The Gibson I use does not. It is very easy to switch back and forth between standard and BFTS. This is another place I think the Turbo Tuner has it over some of the others. Peterson has LCD screens to go through. On the Sonic you push a button twice and watch which setting lights up. Takes maybe 2 seconds to go back and forth. THis is a very strong tuner. By that, I mean it picks up the signal very fast, with out hesitation. As far as getting the sound of my favorite artist ... this will be only place where I might sound better.. heh heh. How is the sound? Since it is true by-pass it does not impart any sound at all, which is exactly what we are looking for, so therefore, the sound is exactly what we are looking for.
The build on this is very strong. It looks like it would withstand almost any abuse. Time will tell. Under normal use, it looks very durable. I would gig with out a back up.
General Comments
Let's just say I own a lot of stuff and if I spent more time practicing and less time buying, I would be a better guitarist and my wife would be happier. I like to play most kinds of music. For the last 15 plus years, I have played country both the old and the new. I have been playing since before any one ever heard of Jimi Hendix:) I would buy this again if it was stolen. This is one of the best deals in music today. I get a quality strobe tuner, that is almost half the cost of it's closest competitor, is one third the size and is accurate. What's not to like?