Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-122
Submitted: November 24th, 2008
by neiloler
No loss of sound quality, it's true bypass. When you stomp on it, it mutes the output so you sound more pro. ;)
It's built like a tank. I've been stomping on this thing for a few months now, gigging here and there, and it's just chillin' on my pedal board. I was worried that the screen would be fragile, but it's recessed well, no big buttons to catch your foot on and break off, everything is very flush to the face of the pedal, very well layed out.
General Comments
Yes, it's pricy for a tuner. I used a $20 tuner before this one and didn't have any problem with it. Why upgrade to this tuner? I wanted something that was on my pedal board, ready to be stomped on, so I could quickly tune my guitar without any unplugging and replugging of my cables during a show. It's also the most accurate tuner out there, yes, more accurate than the Peterson tuner (strobostomp I think it's called) by a factor of x5. And cheaper and smaller and... you get the point. ;) This will be the last tuner you ever need to use or buy, I love it. Precision enough for intonating guitars, etc, but still easy enough and rugged enough to use at gigs and jams.